Download Modern CSV
You may download Modern CSV and use it for as long as you wish without a license. If you want access to the Premium features, you can buy a license here.
If you have a version 1 license key, you will have to upgrade to use version 2. You can do so here. Upgrading is optional.
To download version 1, click here.
- Improved UI and user experience.
- Faster performance.
- A ton of powerful features, mostly requested by current users.
- Native Apple Silicon (ARM – M1, M2) compatibility.
- Updated comprehensive documentation (see here).
UI and User Experience Improvements
- Context (right-click) menus in tabs and on side bar.
- Preference window. Changes no longer have to be made by editing a text file, but that option’s still available.
- File Metadata pane to easily change file parameters and settings
- Improved app loading time
- Improved performance for files with many columns
- Improved performance for sorting numbers
- Mac: ARM (M1/M2) compatibility
- New themes: Dracula, Solarized Light, Solarized Dark
- Filter with regular expressions
- Column Lookup feature (similar to VLOOKUP in spreadsheet programs) [Premium Business license]
- Statistics (Number of data points, sum, mean, variance, standard deviation, median, min, max, quintiles) [Premium Business license]
- Column Analysis (number of fields, empty vs. non-empty fields, minimum/maximum field length, data type) [Premium Business license]
- Unique Values (histogram, frequency count, filter in and out) [Premium Business license]
- Save With Trailing Delimiters
- Text Editor
- Remove Extraneous Rows/Columns on File Save
- Case Sensitive Sorting
- Show File Metadata
- Represent Columns as Letters
- Search Engine
- Online Map
|Command Title||Shortcut||Shortcut (Mac)||License|
|Add Next Match to Selection||ctrl+d||cmd+d|
|Column Analysis (All Columns)||Premium Business|
|Column Analysis (Selected Columns)/(All Columns)||Premium Business|
|Column Lookup||Premium Business|
|Convert Number Format||Premium|
|Copy Cell(s) with Header|
|Copy File Name to Clipboard|
|Copy File Path to Clipboard|
|Copy Folder Path to Clipboard|
|Duplicate Row(s)/Column(s) Multiple Times||Premium|
|Email Selected Email Addresses||Premium|
|Hide All But Selected Row(s)/Column(s)||Premium|
|Insert Cells, Move Rest of Column Down|
|Insert Cells, Move Rest of Row Right||alt+enter||alt+enter|
|Insert Row(s)/Columns(s) Before Multiple Times|
|Invert Selection by Rows/Columns (Header Excluded)|
|Join Selected Cells Horizontally, Move Rest of Row Left||Premium|
|Keep Only Left/Middle/Right Part of Selected Cells||Premium|
|Open File Analysis Window||Premium Business|
|Open File in Text Editor||Premium Business|
|Place Current Date/Time Stamp (Now) in Selected Cells||Premium|
|Random Decimals (Floats) in Selected Cells||Premium|
|Random Integers in Selected Cells||Premium|
|Reload File with Different Parameters|
|Remove Duplicate Columns (Based on Selected Rows Only)||Premium|
|Remove Duplicate Rows (Based on Selected Columns Only)||Premium|
|Remove Empty Columns (Based on Selected Rows Only)||Premium|
|Remove Empty Rows (Based on Selected Columns Only)||Premium|
|Remove Leading Zeros||Premium|
|Remove Selected Cells and the Rest of Their Columns||ctrl+k,ctrl+j||cmd+k,cmd+j||Premium|
|Remove Selected Cells and the Rest of Their Rows||ctrl+k,ctrl+k||cmd+k,cmd+k||Premium|
|Remove Selected Cells, Move Rest of Column Up||Premium|
|Remove Selected Cells, Move Rest of Row Left||alt+delete|alt+backspace||alt+delete|alt+backspace||Premium|
|Reshape Selected Cells Row-Wise/Column-Wise||Premium|
|Scroll Up/Down/Left/Right One Screen|
|Scroll to Top/Bottom/Far Left/Far Right|
|Select All Matches||ctrl+shift+d|alt+f3||ctrl+shift+d|alt+f3|
|Select Down to Bottom of Column||ctrl+shift+end||cmd+shift+end|
|Select Duplicate Columns (Based on Selected Rows Only)||Premium|
|Select Duplicate Row(s)/Column(s)||Premium|
|Select Duplicate Rows (Based on Selected Columns Only)||Premium|
|Select From Main Cell To …|
|Select Left To Start of Row (Header Excluded)||shift+home||shift+home|
|Select Right to End of Row||shift+end||shift+end|
|Select Up to Top of Column (Header Excluded)||ctrl+shift+home||cmd+shift+home|
|Set Number of Decimals||Premium|
|Set Parameters for File Save|
|Statistics of Selected Columns/All Columns||Premium Business|
|Switch to Tab||alt+||cmd+|
|Unique Values of Selected Column||Premium Business|
|Web Search for Selected Places in Map|
|Web Search for Selected Terms||Premium|
- Minor bug fixes
- Small aesthetic improvements
- Changed the name of Add or Remove License to Open License Manager.
- In the Unique Values feature, it now properly escapes characters that need to be escaped.
- Fixed the Open Recent Filepath feature so it avoids duplicate and empty entries.
- Made the Move Column(s) to the Left of Column … command work.
- When a new file was created and saved, the tab bar now shows it as saved.
- Fixed an issue where it wouldn’t sort timestamps of a certain format.
- The Find feature, under some circumstances, was unable to find some data in the first row. That has been fixed.
- Prevented a crash in Append Cell Contents with the Different Text option.
- In the Preferences window, fixed issues in the Keyboard Shortcuts tab regarding shortcut conflict detection and setting commands to
- Fixed a bug with pasting certain data from Excel.
- Minor typo fixes.