You may download Modern CSV and try it for up to 60 days before you have to buy a license.
Version 0.8.0.6 (Beta, 64-bit)
Windows Installer (MSI)
Windows Portable (Zip)
Windows Installer (MSI)
Windows Portable (Zip)
- Improved the aesthetics and readability of the file tabs.
- Enabled it to close files by clicking the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) on a tab.
- Enabled dragging and dropping tabs to rearrange the order.
- Added the table dimensions in the status bar.
- Added a setting to retain sort and filter information when a file is edited and saved externally (enabled by default).
- Fixed a bug causing it to crash when editing filters.
- Windows: Fixed a missing DLL issue.
- Changed the delimiter for .txt files from none to comma.
- Changed the open dialog to show .csv, .tsv, .tab, and .txt files at once.
- Added a Convert to Acronym command.
- Added an editor box so cell editing can be done outside the cell. This feature is disabled by default but can be enabled with ctrl+k,ctrl+e for Windows and Linux and cmd+shift+e for Mac. New lines can be added to cells using ctrl+enter and tab characters can be added using ctrl+tab. These characters can only be added using the editor box.
- It now updates the settings and shortcuts files when a new version is loaded while retaining the old preferences.
- Fixed a bug preventing it from removing duplicate rows and columns.
- Fixed the scroll bar handle in the launcher so it doesn't become excessively small with a large number of options.
- Fixed a bug causing it to sometimes scroll the edited cell off screen when the user begins editing.
- Fixed a bug causing the esc key to not work in rare circumstances.
- Enabled it to handle either CR or LF line endings.
- Rearranged the View->Headers menu to make it clearer.
- Fixed a bug causing the Move Cell Contents To command to sometimes leave the value behind (i.e. duplicate instead move).
- Fixed a bug so it now enforces the number of buffer rows/columns when a file is saved externally.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented it from changing the settings or shortcuts when the settings or shortcuts file is saved.
- Moved the Show [Side Bar|Tab Bar|Menu Bar|Open Files|Folders] settings out of the settings file. Now, they persist across sessions.
- Added a drag and drop feature to move cells. Cells can be dragged by pressing shift while left-clicking. This is equivalent to the Move Cell Contents To command.
- New files opened from the file system will open in the last instance to receive focus.
- Fixed a bug preventing it from inserting rows in some situations.
- Fixed a bug causing it to sort incorrectly at times.
- Fixed a bug preventing all the cells from updating when editing several cells at a time.
- Fixed a bug causing it to sort negative numbers incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug causing the main selected cell location to change when the whole table is selected.
- Fixed a bug causing data to be improperly filtered when using the Revert File to Saved command while filters are used.
- Fixed a bug causing .tsv and .tab files to be excluded from the Go to File menu.
- Changed the row/column header label click scheme. Left click now selects the row or column and double click now sorts it.
- Fixed bugs affecting editing when data is filtered.
- Fixed bugs affecting editing after the table has been transposed.
- Fixed an issue causing it to intermittently crash when large files are saved externally.
- Fixed a bug causing it to crash in some conditions when performing a search for a string with no matches.
- Fixed bugs and improved functionality with the Transpose Table feature.
- Fixed a bug disabling the sort function.
- Dramatically improved the loading time in read-only mode, albeit at the expense of memory footprint (which is still very small).
- Automatically updates the preference files (Settings and Shortcuts) when new options are added with new releases while preserving the users' preferences.
- Added an Open Recent File feature.
- Fixed bugs to improve functionality with editing filtered tables.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made the cursor not appear in the cell editor.
- Fixed a bug that made the scrollbar slider invisible with very large files.
- Improved sort functionality so it now sorts when the user clicks on a row or column index label. Shift-clicking will select the row or column.
- Added right-click menus to row/column labels.
- Add ability for the user to change the first row and column indexes.
- It can now read tabular files with delimiters other than commas (e.g. TSV or TAB files).
- Fixed a bug causing the window to show all black for some users.